Sunday, January 1, 2012

Can a Father Win Custody Whilst Fighting a Restraining Order?


Every year, thousands of Americans get divorced. According to the Forest create of professional psychology in Springfield, Missouri, nearby 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. That's a huge amount of heartbreak and financial hardship every year.

Worst of all - in most of these cases, there are children involved. And an expanding amount of those families are being torn apart straight through the sly manipulation of separation legalities in which a wholly innocent father is involved in fighting a restraining order against phony abuse allegations. So it may cross some of these fathers' minds to wonder if a father can win custody of their kids whilst fighting a restraining order - well, this description has been written to shout a resounding Yes!

How To Win Custody For Fathers

I'm going to share some general advice regarding how to defend yourself if your ex decides to create domestic abuse allegations. We all need advice on how to cope in life, and an ex who is thought about to make your life a hell is one of the most stressful things that can happen to a father.

1. Get emotional and practical withhold everywhere you can.

Unlike women during a separation, separation proprietary for fathers isn't a topic that's discussed among groups of male buddies. There is a huge lack of emotional and practical withhold for fathers who find themselves being victimised during a divorce. I didn't know anyone who could offer advice to me when my three year separation battle started, and it was only by the brief mention of a colleague's ex-wife problems that I found someone who'd been straight through the process before to talk with.

2. Gather all evidence to withhold your case.

This includes paperwork, discover statements, receipts, phone bills, letters and emails. Make sure that you Gather anyone that could withhold your case and keep them in a safe place. You can invite that a third party goes to Gather these things on your behalf, or arrange for the court's intervention with these things (e.g. In the case where an email is on the house computer). anyone the details of your own situation, just make sure that you Gather irrefutable evidence which supports your side of the argument.

For example, my ex claimed that she was living in constant fear of me one weekend when I'd come home from a December firm trip in a bad mood. Thanks to the airline tickets I'd saved as part of my firm price return, I could prove to the court that the Sunday night shouting and shoving match she'd invented never happened, because I was away until the Monday on that trip. She'd forgotten, or not realised, I was smart sufficient to hunt for evidence to withhold my claim - unfortunately, it was "her word against mine" until I produced those documents.

3. If you select to hire a lawyer, make sure he or she is a good one.

Until the morning a police officer knocked on my parents' house to serve me with a restraining order, I'd never had any run-ins with the law. I'd certainly never even had a speeding ticket. So I didn't know a lawyer to call when I decided to hire one to fight my case. I just picked one at random from a listing and assumed he was fighting hard for me. Not long after, I had to fire him. I realised that he didn't have the in-depth house law knowledge my case needed - I seemed to know a lot more about the law regarding my case than him! He might have been a great lawyer to get a separation settlement with, but I needed one to get my kids back for me. This father was thought about to shape out how to win custody - the house, car and maintenance payments could be wrestled with later.

So make sure that you get one who comes recommended from a good source (a friend or relative who's been straight through a similar thing), is local to your area (in my case, the lawyer was also an hour's drive away, which didn't help) and who deals with cases like yours all the time.

Can a Father Win Custody Whilst Fighting a Restraining Order?


Thanks To : How to win Custody (for Men & Women)